Parents are our partners
We thank you for entrusting us with your child. We here at Philadelphia Learning Academy North will work hard to provide a wonderful education for your child. We want our students to come to school everyday, on time and ready to be educated in a safe environment. We invite you to be our partners in your child’s education. We encourage you to communicate with us regularly and to visit your child’s educational “home”. We encourage your child to seek the help of their teachers and staff. We want your child to:
- be bold
- be innovative
- be courageous
- work for positive changes
- learn something new everyday
- move forward ever, backwards never and
- to always be a bright light in their community
Philadelphia Learning Academy will provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards. We will provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress. Every Thursday, your child’s teacher(s) will reach out to you to discuss your child’s progress.
Parents, you are our partners. We ask for your help and we need your support in child’s educational goals. We ask that you support us by:
- monitoring attendance.
- responding to phone calls and attending meetings, as required.
- participating in decisions relating to your child’s education.
- promoting positive use of your child’ extracurricular time.
- staying informed about your child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the School District either received by your child or by mail and responding when appropriate.
- serving, to the extent possible, on policy advisory groups, such as being the Title I parent representative and various other parent boards.